Tuesday, January 18, 2011

101 Overhauled

Last New Year, I came up with this list of 101 things to accomplish in 1000 days (or was it 1001). I've made progress, but considering this new move coming up, I figured to overhaul the list to reflect the new life changes. The permanent list will be posted under the page link under my header titled "My 101," as well as the updates underneath each goal.

1. Visit 20 places listed on 1001 Places to See Before You Die

2. Earn Bachelor's Degree

3. Write ONE thing to be thankful for every day in a journal for 1 year.

3. Do not eat out for ONE month.

4. Finish Dylan's scrapbook.
--You gotta give it to Shutterfly for the irresistable discount that had me finishing up Mister D's scrapbook! Yay. Completed 6/15/2011.


5. Finish Olivia's First Three Years scrapbook
--I just finished her First Year scrapbook. I'm thinking they will be one for each year. Smaller goals, more manageable price tag.

6. Finish wedding scrapbook

7. Finish Lou's scrapbook

8. Finish my scrapbbok

9. Finish Rome scrapbook

10. Volunteer at a soup kitchen

11. Donate to the Anchorage Food Bank once a month for 1 year

12. Fix my teeth

13. Lose 5 pounds
--Got that one in the bag, although it is slowly starting to creep back on due to the ridiculous amount of food available during the holidays. Does this goal get reset back to "unaccomplished" if I gain it back? LOL

14. Lose 10 pounds
--Ditto on this one...
15. Lose 15 pounds

16. Lose 20 pounds

17. Lose 25 pounds

18. Lose 30 pounds

19. Organize office and paperwork
--Important documents are filed in appropriate folders and backed up. It took a bit, but the PCS orders really got my butt in gear for this one.

20. Run 1.5 miles in 15:00

21. Run the Anchorage Race for the Cure the whole length

22. Score an 80 in AFPT

23. Build the girls a kitchen set: refrigerator, oven, sink...from scratch

24. Write my mom a handwritten letter once a month for 6 months

25. Drink water only for 40 days

26. Learn how to make and finish a quilt

27. Finish a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle

28. Go camping once a month for four consecutive months

29. Start retirement nest egg

30. Build up emergency fund to at least 3 months salary
--This one felt really good to have done. In the past it was a vicious cycle of building it up and spending it all. But this time, it's there as an added sense of financial security. Flat tires, broken furnaces, you can't break me!

31. Go on a cruise

32. Take the children on a picnic at least 3 times in the summer

33. Take photography lessons

34. Overhaul linen closet

35. Learn to frame and mat

36. Put $300 into savings a month for 3 consecutive months

37. Take interior decorating class

38. Put EVERY $5 bill into savings for 1 year

39. Cook a dish I've never cooked before once a month for 6 months

40. Bake the perfect chocolate cake

41. Hike a glacier

42. Hunt and kill a caribou

43. Build and upholster an entryway bench
I will have to come up with a new one here.  My entryway bench is perfect so no need to build one.

44. Cook 10 dishes from Julia Child's Master the Art of French Cooking.

45. Introduce my hubby and children to my family in the Philippines

46. Go cross-country skiing

47. Learn to ski
--This was not a pleasant experience at all for me. My feet ached from the tight bindings or whatever they call those ski boot things. I wiped out more than I wish to admit, and I got lapped by the hubby on the bunny slope. Not a fan.

48. Learn to snowboard

49. Go kayaking

50. Watch a Broadway or off-Broadway production
--What a great experience! I took Sophia, her friend Andee, and my niece Madison to a showing of The Lion King at the Capitol Theater. We had a blast and the show itself was spectacular.

51. Watch a Cirque de Soleil show in Las Vegas
--On a girls' only trip, my sister, mom, and I watched The Beatles' Love. Great show, but what Cirque de Soleil show isn't?

52. Go on a spontaneous trip out-of-state with Lou.

53. Run 1/2 marathon

54. Send my dad a package once a month for 4 months
-I am on package two for month two. Surprised the heck out of my dad who always has to bribe and campaign for pictures. Feels pretty good to do this for him.

55. Go unplugged for one weekend

56. Redesign girls room
--While the Mister deployed to Pakistan, I busied myself by priming and painting the girls' room and renewing their bedding for a whole new look.

57. Re-finish console table
Since the movers broke it...new goal needed.

58. No grocery shopping for two weeks, eat what we have in the pantry.

59. Finish a cross-stitching project

60. Complete backyard makeover
--And what a makeover it was! The last summer in Utah, and we finally did it. Curbing, play area, pergola and new plants. It was gorgeous.

61. Organize pantry

62. Go whitewater rafting trip

63. Bake a pie from scratch

64. Hold King/Queen of the day for each of the children once a month every other month

65. Play a full 18 hole golf course with Lou

66. See Grand Canyon

67. No sugar every other week for two months

68. Complete emergency supply stock

69. Purchase new set of high quality pots and pans
--Calphalon Unison Slide and Sear

70. Go to an NFL game

71. Eat crab cakes in Maryland

72. Run the program at the Spy Museum in DC with Dylan
--Well, actually Louie and Dylan ran it while I kept the girls entertained in the hotel room. The main purpose was for Dylan to experience it, so I consider this one done.

73. Go on a girls only weekend
--The Cabilan girls enjoyed a Vegas trip with a stay at the Bellagio, fine dining, a Cirque show, and some heavy duty shopping.

74. Eat at Serendipity in NYC

75. Purchase a MAC computer.
--Best investment everrrr!

76. Take the children sledding

77. Play at a blackjack table in Vegas

78. Re-paint entire house

79. Replace 100% of light bulbs in house with energy efficient units

80. Purchase a fireproof/waterproof safe for important documents

81. Eat at a Gordon Ramsey restaurant in London.

82. Eat at a Michelin-rated restaurant
--L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon. The nine course tasting menu is worth every cent. Meeting Chef Robuchon was a highlight...although my four years of French did not in any way mitigate my stammering starstruck condition. Three words: Best. Food. Ever.

83. Do not use plastic grocery bags for three months

84. Grow my own herbs

85. Grow my own tomatoes

86. Sponsor a family for Sub for Santa every Christmas

87. Provide a full Christmas to family in the Philippines

88. No TV for a MONTH

89. No new clothes for a month

90. Learn to give a proper massage

91. Take Sophia to a ballet production

92. Finish photo wall in basement

93. Take pictures at the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

94. Get a haircut I've never had before

95. Purchase vegetables and fruit from farmers market only during the summer

96. Volunteer in Dylan and Sophia's classes once a quarter

97. Create Fam Och Recipe Book

98. Organize pictures

99. Store copies of all pictures and important documents in external hard drive and put in safe

100. Read Gone With the Wind

101. Read all Jane Austen novels

No comments:

Post a Comment