Sunday, July 21, 2013

Going Off the Grid at La Caleta: Day Three Relaxing

 Day three started with a peek out the window to discover white caps.  Waves and wind are not good for us beginner kayakers. Willie had stopped by in the morning to make sure we were still alive. He let us know the "williwaw" would die down around 7pm.  Despite the wind, the sun was out in full force. We decided to just relax for the day and kayak later on in the evening.

Daddy and Little Liv discussing what sea creatures we've seen so far and what she hoped to see that day.

Amazing what the kids can busy themselves with given there is water and a plethora of rocks available.
Low tide came and the kids focused their attention to the sea anemones and jellyfish.

After some pleading, Louie went out on a single and nudged a true star starfish to the shore for closer examination.

 It was in the process of eating a mussel!

After a bit of examining, we gently placed "Patrick" back in the water.

The encounter with the starfish reminded us that we had yet to pick some mussels for Sophia (she orders a plate of them at Olive Garden every time!).  
Lucky us, the big rock that had a bunch of them sat underneath an eagle's nest.

Sophie LOVED them!

Hubby and I enjoyed the bottle of complimentary Chilean wine from our hosts.

The kids goofed around on the "Little Mermaid" rock.

Us girls completed a jigsaw puzzle while the boys played poker.
We shared cuddles.

 Before we knew it, it was 7pm, and just as Willie said, the wind died down.
Rain gear (instead of spray skirts) and PFD's were thrown on FAST! I think every one of us had fallen in love with kayaking.

A bit later, we went for another go-round out into the cove.

We opted for the Mister just giving all of us a turn with him since it was still pretty rocky out, and Sophie didn't want to be stuck sitting with a squirmy Liv in her lap.

 She pretended she was on a roller coaster ride.

Dylan and his dad had the last trip down as it was starting to get dark. What a view!

Finally, after a visit to the sauna, we settled in for bed. But not before some family time. The ONLY time I got the WHOLE family to sit and listen to poetry readings. I was one happy momma. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment